So it’s been a little while since I’ve blogged. There a couple of reasons for that: #1: my best friend had a baby last Wednesday! (his onesie says “instructions not included”…how cute!)I was with her in the hospital for almost 3 days. I had internet, but I was a little busy holding the baby and tending to the patient…:) The hospital should’ve paid me for the time! #2: I’ve just been busy!
Here are some random things that have happened since I last blogged:
- My husband spent an all-nighter at Chick-Fil-A with a group of guys from the church. You see, we have ZERO free-standing Chick-Fil-A’s here in south FL. They’re only in the malls. So, this is a big deal for us. Why did he spend the night there? Because, if you’re one of the first 100 people inside the store, you get 52 free meals for the whole year…that’s a free meal every week! I’m glad I get to benefit from this nonsense and I didn’t have to spend the night in the smoke (see below)!
- Apparently there are fires in every county in FL except Miami-Dade (weird). Because of the way the weather has been, all of the smoke has blown down to us. It’s been lingering for over a week now.
- South FL is in a draught. We had a storm last night that lasted for 10 minutes. They say that even if it rained all summer we wouldn’t recover from the draught. The only thing that would equal us out would be a huricane. Yipee.
- We had a great Mother’s Day with my Mom yesterday. We took her out to this neat Greek restaurant called My Big Fat Greek Restaurant! Never having Greek food, it was AMAZING! I would recommend it to anyone who lives here…Griffin Rd between 441 and I-95. Check it out!
- My husband transferred all of our home videos onto DVDs for my Mom for Mother’s Day. She cried. We watched a couple of the movies. Good times.
- God is really working on my heart recently…big time. It’s been really cool to see Him changing my heart in some areas. He is amazing. More details to come 🙂
- Joel and I are taking our FIRST vacation ever this Summer! I’m so excited. It will be great to get away for 10 days!!
- We’re going to Key West next week on the church! We are doing a series this summer called 7 Wonders of the Spiritual World and we’re using 7 “wonders of Florida” as metaphors to our core values. So, Joel and I are going down there this Monday & Tuesday and filming at the 7 Mile Bridge and the Dry Tortugas. I’m pumped. Apparently, the Dry Tortugas is the least visited National Park in the U.S. Maybe because it’s in the middle of the ocean…? It will be awesome.