Maybe you think small groups are stupid. You don’t want to share your feelings with 10-12 perfect strangers that you don’t trust. You don’t want to be responsible for bringing food to the next meeting. You don’t feel like driving to the host’s home. You’d rather sleep. You’re lazy.
FORGET ABOUT IT ALL. Do away with your excuses. There is LIFE CHANGE happening and you are missing out on it!!
Here are some examples of what’s going on in our small group that meets on Sunday nights (names of people have been changed for their privacy):
- Jenny had forgotten about her previous dream of being a nurse. There was a waiting list to get into the school of her choice and the road seemed so long. One night in our small group the fire was reignited in her heart to continue to pursue her dream! She is now taking classes and is on the road to finishing her degree that she’s been waiting for! God is working!
- Melissa is a single Mom of a 5-year-old. She has a job that doesn’t pay enough and so much debt that she doesn’t even know where to begin. Because of our small group using questions pertaining to a sermon series that our church was doing, she made a commitment to begin tithing for 3 months to see if God would change her financial situation. Our church promised that if you tithed for 3 months (and it was recorded correctly) and you found that you were worse off than you were 3 months before, they would refund every penny you gave. So far, Melissa is on the road to being debt-free and doesn’t have take on a second job!
- Donna’s car broke down and she has a very long commute to her work everyday. We literally prayed last night that she would find a car that would be affordable and after small group was over, she texted another girl in the group to say that she had just signed the papers!
- Keith has been working very hard to become a firefighter…it’s been his lifelong goal. Through prayer and support of our small group, he is now experiencing his dream. He starts his first shift tomorrow!
So, there you have it. There’s more and MUCH more to come, but these are ones that I wanted to share with you.
Also, here’s a sneak peek at some of the food themes we have done!
- Breakfast for dinner
- Pizza night
- Make your own pizza
- Make your own hot fudge sundae
- Italian night
- Taco night
- AND MORE!
Still on the fence about coming? You won’t regret it. It’s about COMMUNITY, not just another group. The relationships that I have made with these men and women in our group are so special to me. We truly are a community of people who are “doing life” together (I hate that phrase…but it’s still true!). You don’t have to join mine, just join one!