I read a lot of posts about people’s opinions on the American Idol contestants. My question is: does anyone actually call and vote???
In the spirit of New Years’… January 7, 2008
Here are some goals/resolutions that I made for 2007. Below is how I did on my 2007 goals and some more for 2008.
2008 Check-up on last year’s goals:
1. We stopped playing tennis…lol. It was a combination of no time and laziness.
2. I joined First Place last year and did two sessions. I lost around 12 pounds. Even though I didn’t join back I have kept the weight off (meaning I didn’t gain it all back…PTL) but I still want to lose about 15-20 more.
3. I am watching what I eat. Of course there’s always fluctuation…I am an emotional eater. Some days I was good, some days I was really bad! Spiritually I was on and off…that is one discipline that always gets me. It’s so hard for me to carve out the time and I hate it about myself.
1. Spinning with my Mom. She started last year and did really well. She hasn’t done it in a while though and we’re both committing to do it together.
2. Continuing to eat healthier and shed some more pounds.
3. Possibly have a child in 2008? Anything is possible!!
4. Get myself out of bed in the morning to spend time with my Creator!
5. Keep up with the laundry/cleaning better.
6. Get into accountability with a peer.
7. Ask an old(er) “seasoned” woman to be my mentor.
8. Paint, design and reorganize our second bedroom that has become more of a storage room than anything.
9. Serve my husband more.
10. Overcome some sin in my life as well as my control freak tendencies.
So there you have it. 2007 was a great year. We did lots of cool things like visit family in Kentucky and Alabama, we got to see the Dry Tortugas and spend some time in Key West, we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary, we celebrated 1 year of being homeowners, I met Charlie Hall and Shauna Niequist (read her book…it’s amazing!), I turned 24, I tried out for American Idol, I almost lost a family member but God has been gracious to keep her with us even longer, and much more. I love new beginnings and I’m ready to face the challenges head-on!
The videos and pictures August 23, 2007
Unfortunately I can’t post all the videos we have because we will get in big trouble! So…yeah…here’s what I have. If you do more searching for videos from the Miami auditions, you will find a bunch more! Enjoy!
yeah, didn’t knock em dead…oh well! Check out my pictures here.
The last AI update.. August 22, 2007
Yes, sadly, my American Idol adventures were cut short! But it’s all good…it was a fun experience and one I will never forget!! What a freak show! It was funny just to people-watch!
There’s stuff I want to share that I can’t yet and I have pictures and video to put up! I’ll probably get to that tomorrow. I’ve been up since 3:45 a.m. so I’m going to bed.
One thing before I leave…I must’ve sent out 50+ text messages to all my friends between Monday and today keeping them updated about what’s been going on with my audition. One of my dear friends replied with this:
“aw sorry Jenn. I guess you’ll just have to stay at church and sing instead of becoming a star! :)”
There’s nothing wrong with that statement. I would be perfectly fine to sing at church for the rest of my life. My gift is from God; who better to use it for than the church?? However (in no way am I mad at this person for saying that comment…she is an amazing person in my life and I didn’t take it personally!), I don’t want to limit myself. Just because I didn’t make American Idol doesn’t mean a thing. Sure, it would’ve been a lot easier to get myself out there, but that doesn’t matter. If God wants me to share my gift to the world, He’ll make it happen. I have no doubts. I’m always open to opportunities and that’s how I saw American Idol: an opportunity to sing and let God use me! And that’s exactly what it was. I’m so thankful for the chance and the memories with great friends and an awesome husband who stuck by me through the ungodly hours and Miami heat!! 🙂 Look for me on TV when the show starts in January…I should at least be shown in the clips for the group song and cheers we did!!
p.s. I’ve gotta be honest with you guys…I sang “Anyway” by Martina McBride for my audition and when I started singing in front of the producers, my mind went absolutely blank. It was a miserable experience. I’m still trying to get over how I embarassed myself!
AI Adventure #3 August 21, 2007
Tomorrow’s audition day!! AHHHHHHH!!
I’ve finally picked my songs…post more later. Look for pics and video sometime tomorrow!!!
AI Adventure #2 August 20, 2007
Just a taste my friends, just a taste!
p.s. I found out today that I have to have two songs ready…I don’t even have one. HELP ME PLEASE!!!
American Idol Adventure #1 August 19, 2007
Welcome to my American Idol series. It may be short-lived, but we’ll see!
My first official day starts tomorrow. I go down to the American Airlines Arena at 6 a.m. with 54372903489302 other people who want to try out. All we do tomorrow is register. I will have video on the blog tomorrow of the first experience.
Wednesday is the actual audition. Still don’t have a song yet. I’ve been doing things at the last minute lately…not good.
Wish me luck tomorrow…!