- Well my bro moved to Athens this week. I already miss him so much. I’m possibly planning a trip up there (it will be Sadie’s first road trip!) late January for a friend’s wedding nearby.
- Anyone tried my recipes yet? Let me know!
- I’m 25 weeks preggo today! Sadie is the size of a rutabaga. Have you ever seen one? Here’s what one looks like. She’s constantly kicking…I know I say that every time I update about her, but she really does kick A LOT! Soccer player?
- I’m going to see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 tomorrow! I loved the first one and I’ve read all the books. If you’re a girl, grab your Mom or girlfriend(s) and see it together.
- I saw Mamma Mia! last weekend with my Mom to celebrate her birthday. That’s another definite “girlfriend” movie. My pastor saw it…pink panties with lace and all! Haha, not really…go read his post about it to see what he said.
- I forgot to mention that I have a new nephew! His name is Anson Charles and he is adorable…I just hate that he lives all the way in Louisville. Hopefully we’ll get to meet him soon and he can meet his cousin!
- I promise to post some pics soon of the nursery and my baby bump! Just gotta coordinate getting a camera.
- I’d love to get a new design for this blog…anybody wanna design me one? 🙂
- Have a great weekend!
Randoms August 7, 2008
Goodbye to Bif August 3, 2008
Bif — 1991 – 2008
This past week our beloved Bif (our Jeep Cherokee) passed on. He died tragically of a loose pully that consequently broke his serpentine belt, his water pump and radiator. He is survived by his loving former owners and his fellow car-friend, Taury the Taurus.
Lame? Yeah. Anyway, our car died. And it would’ve cost $1000 to fix. I love Bif but he had a good life and he isn’t worth $1000.
What’s up with me July 21, 2008
It’s been a while since I posted so I though I’d do a list of stuff that’s happening with me to catch you all up!
- I’m 22 weeks preggo now (5 1/2 months!!) and Sadie is kicking much harder and more frequently now. Anyone can feel her kick now!!
- We painted our nursery (pics to come…don’t have a camera right now) mint green and light pink. It’s super cute!
- I’m showing a little more (again, pics to come).
- My brother and his wife are moving in 2 weeks to GA where my bro will get his doctorate at UGA. I’m gonna miss them…like, A LOT.
- My Mom’s turning 50 this week!
- Joel surprised me on Friday with new maternity jeans and a pink maternity tank top that says “Kicking 24/7”. It was so sweet of him…my pants are beginning to feel tight around my waistline now!
- I’ve been finding 2 for $5 Coldstone coupons in the paper recently. We’ve been twice already and it’s a great little date! The baby LOVES ice cream…especially Coldstone…she told me.
- I forget everything now…EVERYTHING. It seems to be accurate that pregnant woman are more clumsy and forgetful than their former non-preggo selves.
- I ordered this book on Amazon.com last night. I want to buy this, this and this, but I’ve gotta wait for the $$$.
- We are getting FREE furniture for Sadie’s room from our dear friends…words can’t even express our gratitude!! Along with their generoisty, many other family and friends have given us clothes, bottles, socks! and much more. My cup runneth over (I’ve never said that in my life but that’s how I feel!).
Later in the week I’m going to post my family’s secret spaghetti sauce recipe with Chicken Parmigiana. Consider yourselves lucky…very lucky.
I’m in the ‘Real World’ now May 15, 2008
Well friends, this is it. I’m in the ‘real world’. I thought I was before but now I really am…but I guess I’m more on the brink than in the miry muck. How’s that for being negative?!…lol.
I recently had a battle between my doctor, insurance company and pharmacy with drugs I’ve been taking to help the nausea subside. It was such a mess and so ridiculous. All I will say about it is don’t get between a nauseous pregnant women and the pills that make her feel better!!!!! Needless to say I have my pills and now I am a happier person!
We’re having a huge garage sale on Saturday because…you guessed it…we need to make room for the baby and we need to make some $$$! We’re getting rid of A LOT of stuff…I didn’t realize how much junk we were holding onto; it’s ridiculous! We’re selling everything from furniture to Christmas decorations to clothes to office supplies. You name it, we’re probably selling it or something like it. Pray for us that we will make a decent amount of money!
We’ve also been having a bit of car trouble. Last weekend our Jeep was towed away from our own parking lot because the registration was expired by a week. $180 and a sketchy neighborhood later, we got it back. Our other (newer) car is giving us a really dangerous problem. When you press on the gas, it sticks! Yes, you read that right. And guess what? Even though we bought an extended warranty from CarMax, it doesn’t cover this specific problem. Figures, right? We’re still unsure as to what we need to do. Right now I’m driving my old car from college that my parents own, which I affectionately call ‘Cappy’ (it’s an ’88 Caprice Classic…here’s a link to a pic of a similar car). It’s hilarious…I love the looks I get while I’m driving it.
Anyway sorry for the negativity but I just needed a place to vent! These are the ups and downs of life!
Where should we go? UPDATE May 13, 2008
Thank you all so much for your suggestions on where we should spend our 3rd anniversary! Especially to my loving and encouraging Pastor & boss who made me extremely depressed that this is my last vacation for 25 years…thanks! 🙂
Well it was a hard decision but we’ve decided to go to Key West. We wanted to stay semi-local but at a place that we don’t know a lot about. We’ve only been to KW once and it was an amazing trip but very short. This time we are staying 4 nights & 5 days at a B&B right by Duval Street. We are really excited!
It was funny when we were trying to book a place to stay because we called at least 20 different places and out of those, about 3-5 were clothing optional places. That would be interesting and would definitely be a good story!
Thanks again for your help. We are thinking of taking a weekend off in the Fall and going to either Savannah or St. Augustine with our best friends. We’ve gotta do our traveling now while we can!
Everything’s changing May 5, 2008
I used to have another blog when I was in college. I’m not giving the link because it was pretty embarassing. Anyway, I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago and saw this post I wrote a couple of weeks before my wedding (june 2005). I talked about how my life had rapidly changed from college life to graduation to single life to about-to-get-married life! Here’s an excerpt:
My life these days has rapidly shifted from waking up, going to class, lunch in the Caf with my wonderful friends, homework, constant access to internet, dinners out to Moe’s and Panera, study sessions at Barnes and Noble, my messy roommate and best friend, buying Pizza Hut at 10 p.m., people jumping on pogo sticks, reading on the quad, dreading convo, weird Alabama weather, being completely independent, getting away with almost anything, Blue Monkey, Dave’s, talking about swimming in the fountain, Chili’s, Friday’s, 2nd West girls, Suite H girls, Southern hospitality, the simple life, writing papers, working on the newspaper, mooching off my grandparents, scraping for quarters to do my laundry…to….
back home in my paradise, waking up when I want to, being my Mom’s slave, constantly running errands and working on wedding stuff, writing thank you notes, missing Joel with every fiber of my being, reading for pleasure (I almost forgot what that was like!) spending time with my amazing family, cooking, playing with my dog, shopping, spending time with my childhood friends, wondering what I will do with my life, taking in the life I used to live and how much things have changed, wondering how much more life will change…this is what I do day to day.
I decided I don’t like such rapid change. And I miss Joel.
When I reread that, I had to laugh at myself. Wow, I had it so great! However, I know I’m at the right place at the right time in my life right now. I also think of how things are on the brink of changing ALL OVER AGAIN for me. Three years ago I would’ve laughed if you told me I would be pregnant right now. I always said I’d wait five years after I got married. It’s funny how my outlook has changed. I know God has changed my heart and I’m excited to see where He’ll take me from here and how He’ll take me through all the changes. The best is yet to come!
How are you feeling? April 22, 2008
That is a question I am asked frequently nowadays! I feel bad saying “not so hot” or “I’ve been better”. But on a day like today when I’m feeling like myself, I love saying “I’m feeling great today!” I’ve appreciated everyone’s comments and encouragement in the last couple of days, it has meant so much to me! I’m still adjusting and as I adjust I know that I will be more confident.
So I am feeling good today. Sunday & Monday I was in bed. I finally talked my doctor’s office into letting me get an oral drug to ease the nausea. I have been trying EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING (don’t want to go in to too much detail!). I’ve sucked on preggie pops (which are great by the way but don’t help when you’re nauseous all day), I’ve been drinking ginger ale, I’m eating small snacks throughout the day…I’m doing everything they’ve told me to do. It just wasn’t working for me. So I’m hoping I don’t have to take this drug a lot (it’s a drug that they give cancer patients but it is safe for pregnant mothers too). I tried to do everything so I wouldn’t have to take any drugs but here we are.
We’re going out of town this weekend. Joel is running in a marathon! And we get to see his family and spend some time with our niece! We’re very excited and it’s a relief for me to know that I can take this drug when I start to feel sick so I’m not stuck in bed the whole time!